It’s here! You can now buy my latest collection Home Words directly from Speculative Books Home Words by Kathrine Macfarlane — Speculative Books
My poetry has also appeared in a number of publications including; Untitled, The Grind and The Ogilvie magazines, the Belonging pamphlet, the Federation of Scottish Writers’ anthology Horse Power and most recently the Aequitas International anthology entitled Grit. It has also appeared in translation in the German novels Die Rückkehr der Wale and Sehnsucht nach St. Kilda.
Read my poetry online at: Katharine Macfarlane – The Ogilvie (the-ogilvie.com)
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
FROM ACORNS:AN ANTHOLOGY OF NEW WRITING FROM INVERCLYDE
“When the oak is felled the whole forest echoes with its fall, but a hundred acorns are sown in silence by an unnoticed breeze.” Thomas Carlyle
To mark the Year of Stories 2022 we are calling on writers with a connection to Inverclyde to share their stories on the theme of Change or Growth. We’re looking for fiction or non-fiction prose or poetry.
Submit your work by email to email@example.com with the subject line FROM ACORNS. Closing date for submissions 31.03.22.
- Submissions welcomed from anyone who lives, works or studies in Inverclyde or has other connections with the area including those with family or historic links.
- Poetry submissions can consist of up to 3 poems each limited to 40 lines. In the case of multiple poems, please send as a single text document.
- Prose submissions can run to 2000 words max.
- All work must be previously unpublished both in print and online.
- If submitting concrete poetry or prose with experimental layouts, please also supply the work as a PDF.
- Work should be submitted as .docx or .rtf files attached to your submission email.
- Include your name and word count on each page of your word document.
- Submit your work by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line FROM ACORNS
- Closing date for submissions 31.03.22
- All contributors will be contacted by 13.05.22
- Contributors will receive a copy of the anthology and an invitation to the launch event to be held in July 2022.